FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 1, 2015AUSTIN, Texas –
EVENT: The Center for Identity at The University of Texas at Austin will host ID360: The Global Forum on Identity 2015. This year’s forum will explore “The Identity Economy,” focusing on economic matters related to identity, cybersecurity and personal information.
WHEN: May 5-6
WHERE: Hilton Austin, 500 E. Fourth St., Austin, TX 78701. Salons G and H.
WHO MAY ATTEND: Members of the media who would like to attend can contact Anna Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-739-3425. If you are not a member of the media, please register at https://identity.utexas.edu/id360. ID360 is free for UT faculty members.
BACKGROUND: This unique conference invites leaders and experts from the private sector, government, law enforcement and academia to engage in a comprehensive 360-degree study along the five critical areas of study: law, business, policy, technology and society. The theme of this year's ID360 is “The Identity Economy." Personally identifying information (PII) serves as currency on the Internet — it is used to gain access to all forms of goods, services, networks and devices.
Executives, researchers and thought leaders from across the nation and the globe will come together during the fifth annual ID360 forum to explore an emerging “identity economy” around our personal data. The one and a half day conference includes four panels, a keynote address from Deputy Assistant Director Robert Novy of the U.S. Secret Service, and featured speaker Frank Abagnale, a renowned forgery expert and author of the best-selling book “Catch Me If You Can.”
Highlights for “ID360: The Global Forum on Identity” will include:
Tuesday, May 5
- “Protecting Identity Data from the Impact of the Dark Digital Marketplace.” Keynote address: Robert Novy, U.S. Secret Service: 8:20 a.m.
- “Today’s Digital Currency: Navigating the Impact on Identity Management and Security” explores the connections between the growing digital wallet options and the management and security of our PII: 9 a.m.
- “Who Should I Buy From: Identity Management and Security Scorecards” introduces a project to inform consumers and help organizations improve best-in-class protection of PII: 11:30 a.m.
- Featured speaker Frank Abagnale: 12:40 p.m.
- “The Identity Workforce –Current & Future” presents preliminary results of a nationwide study of an emerging identity workforce: 1:40 p.m.
Wednesday, May 6
- “Global Economy of Identity” explores the global nature of identity as a currency including identity management across borders taking in to account varying policies, laws and cultures, international identity crime, international identity enrollment and authentication and how PII is used internationally: 8:55 a.m.
The full conference agenda can be viewed here. Join the conversation: On Facebook and Twitter @UTCenterforID, #ID360.
The fifth annual ID360 forum is presented with support from Gemalto, LexisNexis and TransUnion. Passcode, a new section from The Christian Science Monitor exploring the toughest questions around security and privacy in the digital age, is the exclusive media partner.
For more information, contact: Anna Griffin, Communications Coordinator, Center for Identity, (512) 731-3425.